The right audio gear: Headsets
There are two possible audio set-ups for remote interpreting: using an all-in-one headset, or a separate microphone and headphones.
This lesson will teach you about the first option: headsets.
- How noise cancelling headphones work
- AIIC's list of compliant headsets
- Headsets recommended by ZipDX
- Naomi Bowman on how to choose a headset for remote interpreting
Tamber Hilton has produced two insightful videos comparing different headsets.
Watch the videos, then answer these questions:
- Which headset sounds best? Why?
- Which headset would you avoid? Why?
- Which headset would you learn towards purchasing? Why?
If you already have a USB headset, feel free to let us know what you think of it!