Glossaries for interpreters 2.0
Tech-savvy terminology management
Have you ever known you had a term in one of your glossaries, but couldn't find it quickly enough?
Have you ever wondered how you could swiftly create glossaries from lengthy documents at the click of a button, create a self-translating glossary, or automatically generate a glossary from a single keyword?
Glossaries for interpreters 2.0: Tech-savvy terminology management will answer these questions - and many more!
In over 30 video lessons, you'll learn how to:
- Find the right terms for your assignments
- Turn your old Word and Excel files into easy-to-search glossaries
- Create and edit digital glossaries
- Streamline glossary creation with translation suggestions
- Design visual glossaries
- Collaborate with colleagues to build glossaries
- Import, export and print glossaries
- Use your glossaries to find terms in the blink of an eye
- Extract terms from monolingual documents
- Extract terms from parallel documents in multiple languages
- Automatically generate glossaries
- Automatically annotate speeches
- Create a self-translating glossary
- Use automatic speech recognition for numbers, and
- Use automatic speech recognition for live terminology look-up
This interactive online course is packed with more than 20 hands-on exercises to help you master the ins and outs of terminology tools.
Want to check out a few lessons before enrolling? Just click on the "Preview" buttons in the course curriculum below.
StartWelcome to Module 2 (1:18)
PreviewCreating and editing a glossary with Interpreters' Help (4:26)
StartExporting, importing and printing glossaries: Interpreters' Help (3:11)
StartUsing translation suggestions with InterpretBank (3:14)
StartVisual glossaries: A first look at Airtable (3:52)
StartAn introduction to collaborative glossaries (1:30)
StartAdvanced collaboration features (6:40)
StartOrganizing your glossaries (1:44)
PreviewUsing a glossary in the booth (2:30)
StartOther glossary tools (0:50)
StartModule 2 recap
StartWelcome to Module 3 (1:12)
PreviewIntroduction to terminology extraction (2:16)
StartManual terminology extraction using a tablet (2:55)
StartManual terminology extraction from parallel documents (2:28)
StartAutomatic terminology extraction with InterpretBank (3:16)
StartAutomatic terminology extraction with SketchEngine (2:37)
StartModule 3 recap
Josh Goldsmith is a UN and EU accredited translator and interpreter working from Spanish, French, Italian and Catalan into English. He splits his time between interpreting, translating, and working as a trainer and researcher focusing on the intersection between interpreting, technology and education. A lover of all things tech, Josh shares tips about technology, translation and interpreting in conferences and workshops, academic articles, the Interpreter's Toolkit column, and on Twitter.